Fujifilm LTO 5 Tapes / LTO Ultrium 5 Tape Data Cartridge
Capacity: 1.5TB (3.0TB Compressed)
FUJIFILM’s NANOCUBIC technology has achieved LTO G5 data cartridge to have the capacity of 3.0TB (at 2:1 compression; 1.5TB native) by recording 1,280 data tracks within 12.65mm tape width. Also with the utilization of multi-channel recording technology, LTO G5 data cartridge featured transfer rates of up to 280MB/sec. (at 2:1 compression; 140MB/sec. native).
Features and Benefits
- Capacity 1.5TB – up to 3.0TB assuming 2:1 compression
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Development of finer metal particles (78% of the size of LTO G4)
- Nano-dispersion technology with a new binder system
- Advanced nano-coating technology to achieve a much smoother and more uniform magnetic layer resulting in significant decrease in the tape surface defects.
For LTO G5 development, FUJIFILM has further advanced the NANOCUBIC technology with the following key technologies and has successfully achieved higher recording density: